Monday, September 12, 2011
Musings
After a recent encounter with a young father in the public library where I am a volunteer reader to young children, I felt compelled to begin writing a blog about children and parenting. There is no particular order, rhyme or reason to the posts. I'll write them when I am inspired to do so. I am a professional pre-school teacher at NBC Universal Studios Child Care Center and know what I'm talking about. I've been in the business of education for decades and have worked for: Head Start, Catholic Charities' ADESTE Program, Los Angeles Unified School District Indian Education Program, Bright Horizons Family Solutions at their Washington Mutual Child Care Center in Chatsworth, Discoveries Learning Centers in Santa Barbara and am currently working at NBC Universal. None of my material will be drawn from NBC Universal or any other facility that I have worked at in particular. Topics will be in generalities. In addition to the required course work in ECE I have studied the Reggio Emilia approach in depth and totally believe in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment